- The Faculty Council was established in 1915 and is the major policy making
body for academic affairs at Colorado State University. A representative body
of elected academic faculty members and ex officio members, the Faculty Council acts as the representative body
for the academic faculty and performs those duties delegated to the academic faculty
by acts of the legislature. Shared governance is an instrument by which the
collective intelligence of the institution through direct and representative
participation can do effective work in establishing policies which result in:
- Curricula suited to the needs of the state as well as to regional, national, and international concerns.
- The best possible teaching, research, and extension/outreach activities.
- Conditions in which both faculty members and students can learn and develop according to their individual interests and aptitudes.
- Timothy Gallagher, Chair, Department of Finance and Real Estate
- Mary Stomberger, Vice Chair, Department of Soil and Crop Science
- Alexandra Bernasek, Board of Governors Faculty Representative, Economics
- Diane Maybon, Executive Assistant to Faculty Council
- Lola Fehr, Registered Parliamentarian
- Academic Faculty and Administrative Professional Manual
- Faculty Council Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Minutes
- Faculty Council Membership
- Faculty Council Standing/Advisory Committee Memberships and Chairs
- Related Web Sites (Executive Committee Meeting Minutes, Presentations to Faculty Council, General Catalog, Graduate Professional Bulletin, The Chronicle, CCHE, AAUP, etc.)
Faculty Council Officers - 2013-2014 Academic Year (July 1 - June 30):
Please contact Diane Maybon at email@example.com - More information about the Faculty Council can be found in the Academic Faculty and Administrative Professional Manual.