Harry Rosenberg Award
Harry Rosenberg Distinguished Service Award
An endowment was established in 2016 by Dr. Sue Davis Pendell (4th Faculty Council Chair) in honor of Dr. Harry Rosenberg, the first elected chair of Faculty Council and a faculty member in the Department of History. Dr. Pendell, (Department of Speech Communications) is a strong supporter of shared faculty governance. Annually, one faculty member who has made significant contributions to Faculty Council will be recognized for the award. A monetary award and a special plaque will be presented to the award winner by the Chair of Faculty Council at a Faculty Council meeting during the Spring term.
- 2016 – Carole Makela, College of Health and Human Sciences, School of Education
- 2017 – CW Miller, past Faculty Council chair
- 2018 – Richard Eykholt, College of Natural Sciences, Physics
- 2019 – David Greene, College of Health and Human Sciences, Occupational Therapy
- 2020 – Jenny Morse, Chair of Committee on Non-Tenure Track Faculty; College of Business, Management
- 2021 – Sue Doe, Chair of Faculty Council; College of Liberal Arts, English
- 2022 – Brad Goetz, Chair of University Curriculum Committee; College of Agricultural Sciences, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design
- 2023 – Steve Reising, Chair of Committee on Faculty Governance; College of Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Application and Selection Process
The Vice Chair of Faculty Council will put out the call for nominations at the December Faculty Council Meeting, with a deadline in March. The selection committee will be comprised of the previous award winners who remain active at Colorado State University. As the size of this group grows, we anticipate restricting it to the previous 8 award winners. This committee will make recommendations (no more than three) to the Executive Committee for final selection.
This award is intended to recognize a regular faculty member who has demonstrated exemplary contributions to and engagements with Faculty Council in any of a variety of capacities. To be eligible, the faculty member must:
- have been a voting member of Faculty Council for a minimum of three years.
- have demonstrated outstanding service and commitment to the principles espoused by Faculty Council and its committees.
- be currently employed by the University.
Nomination documents include the nomination form and reference letters, which must be electronically transmitted to the Executive Assistant of Faculty Council.